Welcome to the home of the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers!
Formed in 1973, Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers, Inc., is a regional organization of professional and aspiring communicators, dedicated to sharing the outdoor experience. Through writing, photography, broadcast media, and artistic expression, members provide information about the recreational and natural resources found in the Rocky Mountain West. Become a part of our creative community and:
- Attend the annual conference — Explore the magnificent San Juan Range around Ouray, Colorado — join us September 21-24, 2015.
- Participate in our annual contest — deadline this year is June 22, 2015. Rules & entry form will be out in March.
- Take a workshop — Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado June 23-27, 2015.
- Apply for our scholarship — deadline May 30 each year
- Meet some of our members — see what we’re up to.
We need your inspiration, participation, and support. YOU are the organization!
The weekend after our conference, the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad will be offering their Annual Fall Photographer's Train Rides.…
by Andrew Fowler I am a stranger entrenched in a familiar land. Familiar at a distance - until now. From afar, I’ve always seen the mountains…
Maryann Gaug’s latest hiking guide, Best Hikes near Breckenridge and Vail, a Falcon guide, is a must-have guide for hiking trails in Colorado’s…