2014 3rd Place
Photo Award Winners
Click on a photo to view a larger image, and scroll through the set.
Welcome to the home of the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers!
Formed in 1973, Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers, Inc., is a regional organization of professional and aspiring communicators, dedicated to sharing the outdoor experience. Through writing, photography, broadcast media, and artistic expression, members provide information about the recreational and natural resources found in the Rocky Mountain West. Become a part of our creative community and:
- Attend the annual conference — Explore Bryce Canyon National Park June 1-4, 2016.
- Participate in our annual contest — deadline March 1, 2016.
- Take a workshop — Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado June 21-25, 2016.
- Apply for our scholarship — deadline May 30 each year
- Meet some of our members — see what we’re up to.
We need your inspiration, participation, and support. YOU are the organization!
Article and Photographs by William Horton Your Ouray-Area Fall-Color Cheat Sheet is ready for download here. It is in PDF format and will…
by Kenita Gibbins We as women can prevail in the big, wide, wonderful world by ourselves. We just have to follow a few rules. As photographers we…
by Andrhea Massey In the west, the sky was lit up like a bonfire in beautiful oranges, yellows, pinks and purples. In the east, the night was…