2015 1st Place
Photo Award Winners
Click on a photo to view a larger image, and scroll through the set.
Welcome to the home of the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers!
Formed in 1973, Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers, Inc., is a regional organization of professional and aspiring communicators, dedicated to sharing the outdoor experience. Through writing, photography, broadcast media, and artistic expression, members provide information about the recreational and natural resources found in the Rocky Mountain West. Become a part of our creative community and:
- Attend the annual conference — Explore Bryce Canyon National Park June 1-4, 2016.
- Participate in our annual contest — deadline March 1, 2016.
- Take a workshop — Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado June 21-25, 2016.
- Apply for our scholarship — deadline May 30 each year
- Meet some of our members — see what we’re up to.
We need your inspiration, participation, and support. YOU are the organization!
(Editor’s note: This is the second in a series of articles presented at the Writers Forum during RMOWP’s 2015 conference.) Article & photos…
by Maryann Gaug © 2016 In Family & The Great Outdoors, through four sections of short stories, Wayne Turner takes you on a 70-plus-year journey…
(Editor’s note: The following article is reprinted from the June-July 2002 issue of Rocky Mountain Outdoors. Anne Sullivan was an active member of…