2015 1st Place
Photo Award Winners
Click on a photo to view a larger image, and scroll through the set.
Welcome to the home of the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers!
Formed in 1973, Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers, Inc., is a regional organization of professional and aspiring communicators, dedicated to sharing the outdoor experience. Through writing, photography, broadcast media, and artistic expression, members provide information about the recreational and natural resources found in the Rocky Mountain West. Become a part of our creative community and:
- Attend the annual conference — Explore Bryce Canyon National Park June 1-4, 2016.
- Participate in our annual contest — deadline March 1, 2016.
- Take a workshop — Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado June 21-25, 2016.
- Apply for our scholarship — deadline May 30 each year
- Meet some of our members — see what we’re up to.
We need your inspiration, participation, and support. YOU are the organization!
Article and photos by Richard Holmes Angry tires clawed their way up the steep road, rubber tread digging into loose rock. The engine…
by Don Laine The fall colors were great, the weather mostly great albeit a bit cool, the road construction annoying, and the crowd a whole…
The 2015 auction was – as always – fun and productive. We had donations from several corporate friends: Buck Knives, Buddy Beds, Cotton Carriers,…