Here are several lodging possibilities in Estes Park.
Finding economical places to stay in Estes Park, Colorado is challenging, to say the least. The town is already filling up for the dates of our conference, so making reservations as soon as possible is recommended. And be sure to check the company’s cancellation policy, which mostly ranges from two weeks to two months for a full refund.
Trout Haven Resorts, where we’ll be meeting in the 800 Moraine Avenue Event Center, has offered us a discounted rate of $139 per night for its Tiny Town cabins, a group of cute little cabins – some older than others – along the Big Thompson River and within walking distance of the meeting room. Pets are accepted in some cabins ($50 fee for your entire stay) and all have small kitchens. See www.trouthavenresorts.com, or call the reservations number 800/344-3256 or 970/577-0202 for the Tiny Town cabins (with promo code RMOWP2019).
Trout Haven Resorts also has three larger units within walking distance of the meeting room. The Brook Trout and Lake Trout suites, each with a full kitchen and two bedrooms and can accommodate four people each, with a discounted rate of $249 per night; and the Trout House, with a full kitchen and two bedrooms plus a pull-out couch, that can sleep six, for $269 per night. For these larger units and to inquire about a group of condominiums Trout Haven Resorts has about a mile away, call our contact person, Amy Amos, at 970/577-5151.
Trout Haven Resorts does not have enough lodging near our meeting room for everyone, so you may need to look elsewhere for a place to sleep.
Other lodging choices nearby, with which we have no special arrangements, include:
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, 927 Moraine Ave., www.alpinetrailridgeinn.com, 970/586-4585, with rates during the conference starting at $159 per night
- Brynwood on the River, 710 Moraine Ave., www.brynwood.com, 970/586-3475, with motel rates starting at $121 and cabin rates from $148 during the conference
- Colorado Cottages, 1241 High Drive, www.colocottages.com, 970/586-4637, with rates during the conference from $110
- Lazy R Cottages, 891 Moraine Ave., www.lazyrcottages.com, 970/586-3708, with rates at conference time from $139 nightly
Another way to search for Estes Park lodging is to go to www.visitestespark.com. On the homepage there is a place to plunk in the dates you want and it shows what’s available and at what price.
The closest campgrounds to our meeting room are:
- Manor RV Park, at Trout Haven Resorts but on the other side of the Big Thompson River with no bridge, www.trouthavenresorts.com, 800/794-7857 or 970/586-3251
- Spruce Lake RV Park, 1050 Mary’s Lake Rd., www.sprucelakerv.com, 970/586-2889
There’s also a KOA on the other side of town, www.koa.com.
Those planning to spend additional time in the area might want to check out lodging possibilities in other communities, such as Boulder, Loveland, or even Denver. Grand Lake, Colorado, on the west side of Rocky Mountain National Park, also has lodging.