2019 Deadline: June 10 (postmark)
Our Annual contest showcases the talents of our membership.Each year the bar is raised in competition with hundreds of new and exciting photos, videos, writings, and art produced by our many members.
A “slide” show of all entered images is presented during the annual conference, with a presentation of the winners shown at the awards banquet.
- You must be a member of RMOWP to enter, but can join when you submit entries. The $10 fee covers all your entries for that year.
- Photos must have been produced since January 1, 2018 except for Member’s Choice (no time limit), Humorous (no time limit), and published (must have been published since Jan. 1, 2017).
- You can submit entries via dropbox.
- Member’s Choice Photo Contest, judged at conference by attendees, has slightly different rules from most categories. (See category 13 in the rules.)
- 2019 is the third year for RMOWP’s Young Outdoor Writers Contest, designed to encourage young people to write about their outdoor experiences in prose or poetry.
The contest is open to youths age 18 and younger who are RMOWP members, and includes all outdoor topics. Youth membership is $5 per year and you may join when you submit your entry.
Entries must be postmarked by June 10, 2019. Click for general contest guidelines and/or entry form. Contest entry fee is waived for this category. Winners will be announced at the RMOWP conference in Alamosa and need not be in attendance.
- Unlike the rest of the categories, the Angelo Sciulli Humorous Photo Challenge is judged by Virginia Staat. For more information on this fun category, click here.