2022 Submission Deadline – Monday, March 28.
Our Annual contest showcases the talents of our membership. Each year the bar is raised in competition with hundreds of new and exciting photos, videos, writings, and art produced by our many members.
A “slide” show of all entered images is presented during the annual conference, with a presentation of the winners shown at the awards banquet.
Both 2020 and 2021 winning images were shown at the 2021 conference.
- You must be a member of RMOWP to enter, but can join when you submit entries. The $10 fee covers all your entries for that year. Make checks payable to RMOWP and send to Frank Zurey, 31901 Warrens Road, Golden, Colorado 80403.
- Photos must have been produced since January 1, 2021 except for Member’s Choice (no time limit), Humorous (no time limit), and published (must have been published since Jan. 1, 2020).
- You can submit entries via dropbox by the deadline above, using the email email@example.com.
- You may send your entries on a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, via snail mail to Frank Zurey, 31901 Warrens Road, Golden, Colorado 80403. Entries must be postmarked by the deadline above.
- Member’s Choice Photo Contest, judged at conference by attendees, has slightly different rules from most categories. (See category 13 in the rules.)
- RMOWP’s Young Outdoor Writers Category is designed to encourage young people to write about their outdoor experiences in prose or poetry. — It’s open to youths age 18 and younger who are RMOWP members, and includes all outdoor topics. Youth membership is $10 per year and you may join when you submit your entry. Contest entry fee is waived for this category. Other contest rules apply.
- Unlike the rest of the categories, the Angelo Sciulli Humorous Photo Challenge is judged by Virginia and David Staat. You needn’t enter in any other categories, to enter a humorous photo. For more information on this fun category, click here.
The rules stipulate that most images be taken after January 1st of the previous year. The submission deadline is typically three months prior to conference.